Saturday, September 1, 2012

Single Motherhood Day #67

I thought today would leave me more time to play with Evelynd, but it was not to be.  Hailey came over the babysit in the morning while I drove to Portland to play for a really small wedding (probably 25 guests).  It took me about 50 minutes to drive there and well over two hours to get home.  First, there was an accident on I-205 and they had shut the whole road down so I had to make a huge detour through West Linn (I would have gone through Oregon City on 99E, but that bridge was shut down, too).  Then, once I hit I-5, there was tons of traffic headed to the Woodburn outlets for their back-to-school sales and all the tailgating traffic headed down to the college football games.  When I got home, Evelynd had just fallen asleep, so we didn't get to play until after dinner, when we went for our nightly walk.  Oh well.  It was a nice ending to the day at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment