Wednesday, March 23, 2011

I'm a new blogger!

Minutes before leaving for the hospital.
We went to Salem Hospital at about 6 p.m. and were shocked to find out that I was already dialated to a 4.  They had me move to a delivery room where I quickly got hit by the pain.  The nurse couldn't believe how much I had changed in seconds, from joking and grading law papers to shaking uncontrollably and throwing up.  By the time I got the epidural, I was already fully dialated and ready to push.  After 2 1/2 hours (and the NICU team showing up), We finally got to see and hold Evelynd Jung Dassow. 
Evelynd was 19.5 inches and 7 pounds 6.6 ounces (the hospital rounded it up to 7 lbs. 7 oz.).  She was born at 11:36 p.m. (11:37 on Peter's watch) on March 16, 2011.
Still a little puffy and with vitamin K in her eyes, but beautiful already.
First picture of the family of 3.
Evelynd's first bath, thanks to our CNA Berta.  She enjoyed the warm water.
Clean baby with a lot of black hair.
Our first visitors came on Thursday afternoon.  My cousin, Maddy, and her daughters Isa (holding Evelynd) and Ally came.  Later that day we saw our friend Melanie and her daughter Thalia and then Debbie Meek came that evening.
Open eyes!
Dassow Daddy loves his baby girl.
First clothes as we are getting ready to go home.
Nana Evans arrived on Friday to be a maid, cook, gardener, and nanny.  (Samson and Daisy love the new baby and Sam stands guard whenever Evelynd is being fed.)
Sleeping Beauty at home.
Evelynd's Uncle Jay was working in Oregon this week and stopped by to visit on Sunday, March 20.
First bath at home.  She loved getting her hair washed, but not the rest of it.
On Tuesday, March 22 (our 6th anniversary), Evelynd went to the doctor for a retest of the lactation test that we failed at the hospital.  This time, we passed with flying colors.  Then, we drove up to Lake Oswego to visit the greatgrandparents.  GG'pa held her and rubbed her feet.
Because most of our family members are out-of-state, we thought it would be a good idea to start a blog and keep you updated on us.  Although it will mostly be about baby Evelynd.  Yes, Jay, I'll be one of those people who blogs about her baby all the time.

5 comments:

  1. She is so Adorable!!! Welcome, Evelynd, It is your turn on earth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your new blog! So happy that I'll get to see lots and lots of baby pictures. It sounds like your first week and a half has been quite blissful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh another baby blog! Just what the world needs. Just remember Evelynd, when you read this, I do not support it but I was still your first uncle to come visit! Strange how I claim to not support it but I find myself reading it at midnight... curiouser and curiouser.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! Jay, you're checking out the blog because there's a picture of you and a mention of you. Poor Evie -- she thinks she's the draw.

    ReplyDelete
  5. U are so cute Evelynd!!! i have loved spending some time with u. i love all the photos on the blog too. U guys take great pictures, Bethany and Peter. she is the cutest baby i have ever seen!!!!
    (besides me of course).

    ReplyDelete