Wednesday, March 30, 2011

This Little Piggy Turned Two Weeks Old

Dassow Daddy calls Ev his "Pookie Bear," but this panda bear outfit (from my student Jana Shike) is as close as we come to a Pookie Bear.
Two weeks later and the baby belly is starting to go away, but is being replaced by all sorts of messes on my clothes.
A beautiful girl in a beautiful blanket.  The Murrell family's grandmother made this one and a blue one so they were prepared if the baby was a boy or a girl.  We're glad she's a girl, though.  P.S. I read today that recent studies say that baby smiles are real and not just gas.  She loves sleeping in her car seat, so this is probably a real smile.
Celebrating her birthday by pulling out her fancy LBD that Aunt Paige gave her for Christmas.  It doesn't show up in the picture, but the dress has sparkles in it!

We went to the doctor today for Evelynd's two week checkup.  She's grown!  She's now 21 inches, which puts her in the 75th percentile for girls.  She's 8 pounds 5.5 ounces, which is almost a full pound over her birth weight.  She was in the 25th percentile and now she's in the 50th for weight.  Her head circumference is 36 cm (35 at birth), which is also the 50th percentile.  She's got a little diaper rash, but everything else is going well.  Two weeks old already! 

Visitors since last week have included Sue Wynn, Janet Schneider, and the entire Greaves family.  Thanks for coming everyone.

3 comments:

  1. She looks so cute in her LBD! When I first read "Aunt Paige gave it to her" I was like, she has another Aunt Paige? Then I remembered that's what I got her for Christmas and I AM Aunt Paige! I'm telling ya, my brain is just not what it used to be....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paige- that's funny!
    Kristy - thank you. I still don't feel skinny, but it's only been two weeks, so I can't complain.

    ReplyDelete