Thursday, March 31, 2011

March Goes Out Like a Lamb

My favorite toy when I was a baby was a stuffed lamb I called "Baa."  (When its life was over, I got "Baa 2.")  Evie got a stuffed lamb from Glen and Sharman Armstrong, so I took some pictures of her with it in her crib.  It's a beautiful sunny day for our very eventful March to go out like a lamb on.
Because this is our first Spring in our new house, it is fun to wake up each morning and see the new flowers that are blooming.  We never know what will pop up next in our garden.  I'm excited for warmer days so Evelynd can come outside with me while we weed, walk, and wander through the garden.
Next to our back door.
The view from our back door.
Evie's pink tulips Nana Evans planted for her.
These three pictures are from different blooms along the path up to the back gate.
Purple flowers starting to bloom by our front steps.
We planted this pink azalea Leta Edwards got for Evelynd right out front.
Some of the many daffodils in bloom in our yard (these are next to our driveway).

March 2011 was a good month.  It may have started like a lion with some snow and hail, but is leaving like a lamb.  We had Peter's birthday, our 6th anniversary, and, of course, the birth of our beautiful baby daughter.  There's a lot to be grateful for this month and we're looking forward to good things in April, too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment