Thursday, August 4, 2011

Dog Tricks v. Baby Tricks

I once read that the smartest dogs are the equivalent of a two-year-old child in intelligence, so I thought I'd see how our dogs stack up against our four-month-old baby.


Roll Over:                        BABY
Speak:                             DOGS/BABY
Sit:                                  DOGS/BABY (half credit)
Potty Trained:                 DOGS
Walk/Run:                       DOGS
Shake Hands/High 5:       DOGS
Know Their Name:                   DOGS/BABY (I think)
Sleep Through the Night:          DOGS/BABY (half credit)
Turn on Lights :              BABY (see video)
                   TOTAL:          DOGS = 7/BABY = 5


It looks like the dogs are winning, but they've been around years longer than Evelynd, so I think she'll catch up pretty soon.

1 comment:

  1. Love the video- she will surely surpass the dogs in the next few months. Can a dog use a spoon? Can a dog comb his/her own hair? Can a dog say his/her own name? Oh wait, Sylvia can't do those things either, but she tries;-) Well, I loved seeing Evie at the picnic- you and Peter are alright too. I invited Peter to a baseball game this Sunday... Probably won't wanna come without you and li'l E. Hope your flight went well (details please). Say hi to Nana and Papa Evans from me. (I forgot what term you're using for g-pa, which is why I still haven't taken that quiz!)

    ReplyDelete