Thursday, August 25, 2011

Since Sunday

We left early Sunday morning.  It was sad to go and know vacation was over.  On the plane, I was seated next to someone ... a hairy woman?  A very effeminate man?  Eventually I figured out it was a man and he seemed a little ... odd, shall we say?  Then he gasped.  When I looked over he said, "She smiled at me!  Kids never smile at me; they're always freaked out by me."  I could probably learn something from my baby about judging a book by its cover. 

The flight went pretty well although we had a diaper blowout and she cried a bit on descent (I think her ears hurt because mine sure did).  Then we picked up the dogs (thanks, Maddy, for watching them) and headed home.  It was nice to get home.  I still can't believe what a beautiful house we have.

Monday was teaching and shopping.  I think we had a stick of butter and half a quart of milk in the fridge when we got back.


Our Dassow Dinner was another Dassow Mommy original: Italian Quesadillas.  They were pretty good.

I had the day off on Tuesday and Dassow Daddy had to go down to Medford, so we got to play, visit with our old neighbors Katey and Kayla, and work on our eating skills.




Dassow Dinner was Apple Jack Chicken.  It was a new recipe I tried and I will tweak it next time I make it.  A good start, but it needs something a little extra.

On Wednesday I taught and Evelynd and I went to visit Baby Bridget's grandma Jill.  She had fruit, muffins, lemonade, and a new toy for Evelynd ready for us when we got there.  It was a nice visit.  That night, Christopher Wicks stopped by with homemade zucchini bread - yum!

Today I had to teach lessons by myself as Dassow Daddy was done in Coos County.  It went pretty well considering Evelynd was extra tired.  We also got to visit GG'ma and GG'pa for the first time in three weeks.  Great Uncle Denny was also there.  While we were there I gave Ev her first taste of pears.  I used one of the pouches you can squeeze so she could feed herself a little.  She seemed to like peas better, but was okay with the pears.  So now I'm all caught up and headed to bed.

P.S. Red Sox won 4 of 5 "Since Sunday."

No comments:

Post a Comment