Saturday, February 4, 2012

Fabulous February

February so far has been Bee-Yoo-Tee-Full!
Yesterday, I only had one lesson to teach (one no-showed, so I didn't know my day would be that easy).
I took the dogs and the baby for a walk and got a big "Thank you!" from a neighbor for picking up the dog poo from his yard (one was Sam's, one was someone else's).  I guess he had been watching to see what I'd do.  (Glad I always have bags with me!)
Later, Evelynd and I went down to Willamette to meet with someone about a performance I have next week.  She loved watching all the college students and geese hanging out by the creek.


After the meeting, we headed over to the Carousel.  Evelynd got to ride a horse with music and a cat on it and liked moving her finger "'round and 'round."



The second ride we took was in the covered wagon so Evelynd could sit on my lap and pat the little horse next to her.
I thought the horse in front of us was interesting.  It was named "GiGi," which was what I called my great-grandmother and the saddle said:
When we got home, we had two different neighbors stop and visit.  Then our old neighbors Katey and Kayla stopped by.  It's been so nice and this weather is such a surprise -- everyone just seems so happy.  It's kind of like Oregonians hibernate in the winter.  Once the rains start we hunker down, work hard, and don't come out of our caves until Memorial Day or the 4th of July (depending on the year), but this weather had us come out early and we're all smiles.

Today was wonderful, too.  We took Evelynd to the library for the first time because we needed to pick up tax forms (back into my cave for that) and had fun exploring the play rooms, toys, and books.

Tapping on the fish tank.

Rowing the viking boat.


In the afternoon, Evie got to hang out at the Kids Club with Dassow Daddy while Dassow Mommy went to her student's piano competition and got a haircut.  Fun weekend so far.

1 comment:

  1. Cute! Looks like you all are enjoying the sun as much as we are! What did Evelynd think of the carousel? We took Jameson for the first time on Saturday and he isn't convinced that it's fun :)

    ReplyDelete