Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Samson Update

I realized that I hadn't told people what had happened with Samson.  The vet called us on Sunday night a couple of weeks ago and said she had talked to the oncologist who thought Sam would live about another month with no treatment and about ten months if we did surgery, chemo and radiation.  I told the vet that I thought we would probably not do anything and just let him decide when he is done.  Ten months is not very long -- especially when you're going through so much treatment.  So, in sum, Samson is still acting happy and jumping on the couch and as long as he's that way, we're happy, too.  We have him on stool softeners and, if he needs them, we'll get him some pain medications.  Thankfully, the vet told me that she would choose to do the same thing.

In Evelynd news, we went to story time at the library today for the first time and she LOVED it.  There were lots of other kids and activities that she thought were really fun.  Plus, they alternated stories with music and we all know how much she loves music.  I think we'll make this a weekly trip.
P.S. A very happy birthday to Evelynd's cousin Langdon!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry about Samson. Losing pets is the hardest. Here's to hoping he lives another few years :)

    ReplyDelete