Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Harpy Valentine's Day

Yes, more harping today.  It was my third year in a row playing for Persimmon Country Club's Valentine's Dinner.  While I was setting up, one of the servers caught her hair on fire (this is not the first time I have seen a girl catch on fire while playing my harp) and it smelled so badly that they sprayed some sort of air freshener that caused me an allergic reaction.  It was tough playing the first hour, but then everything went well and I got lots of tips.

I started the day by taking Evelynd to the carousel.  She was a little scared this time and preferred having me hold her in the covered wagon to riding a horse.  When we came home, she walked and crawled and worked on standing on her own some more, then took a nap.  When she woke up, Amanda Davis was there to greet her.  This was Evelynd's first time with a babysitter when she was awake.  Amanda said everything went well.   Good!  Dassow Daddy got to spend the evening with Evelynd and put her to bed.  Dassow Mommy missed getting to say goodnight.  Sad.  But we had a fun day together and I'll see her in the morning.

Thanks for the Valentine's outfit (and card) Jipping family.  (So the hat doesn't really match, but I thought it was so cute!)

It's blurry because she kept moving, but she was so smiley!

No comments:

Post a Comment