Friday, November 18, 2011

8 Month Questionnaire

I had to fill out a questionnaire on Evelynd's development within two days of her 8-month birthday.  So I did that tonight.

The first section dealt with "Communication."  The only part where she got partial credit was in repeating back sounds when I copy her.  She does it sometimes rather than always.  It's probably because she giggles after I copy her too much.

Next was "Gross Motor."  She failed the question about getting into a crawling position.  She got partial credit on standing without leaning on something and only using her arms for support.  She's a star sitter and likes walking with help, though, so she passed everything else.


Perfect score for "Fine Motor."  My little musician is coming along!

"Problem Solving" also got a perfect score.  I didn't know that all the banging on things she does was a big development milestone, but now I do.

The final section was "Personal-Social."  They didn't have any questions about being a big flirt or she would have passed that one, too.  It was interesting that two questions here dealt with eating her feet.  She does.  And so she got a perfect score on this section.

I think this means that she's awesome -- no matter what her scores were.

So, after two nights of less Evelynd being ready to go by 4 am, I'm exhausted.  I've also had to do everything myself the past few days as Dassow Daddy started a new job on Wednesday and isn't home as much.  I barely made it through lessons today and Evie went to bed at 6:15.  Maybe she's tired enough to sleep a long time tonight.  We need it.

I had three students take their piano Syllabus today and they all passed!  Ev was great through all exams and loved playing with Cousin Ally's sparkly shoes.


3 comments:

  1. Yes- I often put my foot in my mouth when I'm being sociable too- way to go Evie! My theory is that babies who crawl a little later do it because they prefer to be held and carried- how's that for personal-social skills? Anyway, it was super fun sharing some girl time with you, Evie, Miss-I-like-your-soap and Sylvia. Looking forward to more times like that in 2012... After she tried on her new cupcake dress (yay, 18-24 months and it fits!), Sylvia proceeded to throw-up all over it. It's been since Wednesday when she last t.u., so, very strange. I called the advice nurse and she said it's sounded like it was triggered by her cold (mucous, irritation, blah, blah). Afterward, Sylvia drank about 8 oz of water and went back to playing and was fine and ate the rest of the evening. Freaked me out. I hope Evie doesn't get sick anymore. Seems strange that a cold would do that. Hope everyone's feeling better and getting more continuous sleep before Thanksgiving!
    -Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fox always gets a perfect 10 on looks at his check-ups.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Evelynd's looks go up to 11 because that's more than 10.

    ReplyDelete