Monday, November 14, 2011

Long Overdue

Tuesday last week was a normal work day.  Evelynd likes all the houses with carpet that we get to visit -- it's a lot more fun to roll around there than on our wood floors.
On Wednesday, Evelynd had a little cough, slight fever, and drippy nose.  She wasn't sleeping well and was waking for hours at night.  Dassow Mommy and Daddy were pretty exhausted.  Thursday was more of the same, but she was able to show up and flirt with my students.
Friday was supposed to be a post dedicated to my harp.  11/11/11 was my harp's 100th birthday!  I got to play for a wedding at St. Louis Catholic Church in St. Louis, Oregon, with my friend Nelly.  The church was built in 1880 and was beautiful.  I wanted to get a picture of my harp there on it's birthday, but the people blowing out the candles were too fast, so no pictures.  You'll have to settle for two different ones (me playing with the Salem Youth Symphony in the early 1990's and a concert at First Christian Church a couple years ago).
Bethany Evans
When I got home, Dassow Daddy told me that Evie had thrown up everything he had given her to eat.  She had also thrown up the mango I gave her that morning.  Well, at least she was keeping her milk down, right?  Wrong.  I fed her and she projectile vomited all over me and her and her clothes and the boppy and the rocking chair.  I had to call the after hours nurse at the pediatrician's and she said to bring Evie in first thing in the morning.  Poor baby.  

So Saturday morning was Evie's first unscheduled doctor visit.  Luckily she was staying hydrated and does not have any infections.  "It's just a virus" -- one of my favorite, useless phrases.  So Evie took it easy (no more vomiting) and played with her doggy friends.  (Carolyn Fu hosted our harp ensemble rehearsal and had made a cake in honor of my harp's 100 years + 1 day birthday.  What a nice surprise!)



Sunday was pretty warm, so we got to go for a walk, but mainly we still worked on recovering.  Evie was pretty fussy (for her anyway).  It has been the perfect storm of the vomiting, fever, cold, cough, and teething all at the same time, so I can't really blame her for being upset. 


The good news?  She slept an eight hour stretch last night and seems to be on the mend.  Here's to a better week.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry that she's been sick :( I hope she's all better soon.

    We used to love wood floors - now we desperately want carpet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow- I had forgotten about your harp's birthday. What a special day! I'm glad to hear that Evelynd is feeling better. I never knew what true worry was until I had a child! Best of luck and wishes for another 8-hour-stretch for baby girl...

    ReplyDelete