Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Happy Eight Month Birthday, Baby Girl!

Yes, Evelynd is eight months old.  And yes, she threw up on me today.  Poor baby.  Not a good way to start the month.  I had her dressed up in a cute new dress (as I always do on these posts), but it got covered in vomit before I got a picture in.  She had seemed better, so maybe it was just what she ate.  She seemed better tonight and must have known it was a special day because she stayed up until 9:30.

So, what's new?  Evelynd knocks on doors when we walk up to them.  She's getting more consistent at waving back when you wave at her.  She's a professional sitter and an amateur stander (as long as she has something to hold onto, I don't have to support her); although she can't put herself in either of those positions, she's pretty good about staying there.  She's showing no interest in crawling, but loves to have us walk her around.  Her favorite syllables to practice saying are "Ma Ma Ma!"  (I like that.)  She is not much of a snuggler -- she likes to slide off my lap to work on standing instead.  Her favorite book is "Baby Peekaboo" (thank you, Katey and Kayla).  As for her schedule, she sleeps about ten hours at night (with one stretch of at least six hours) and then one or two hours of naps.  Since she's still a little sick, she's been sleeping more than usual this week.  She has her two bottom teeth.



Side note: Yesterday we visited GG'pa and GG'ma.  Evie was full of smiles and GG'pa said to her, "Just seeing you makes me feel better."  I feel the same.
I've put Evelynd in this cute dress from Nana and Papa Dassow a couple of times and never have gotten a picture of her in it.  (It's navy corduroy with pink dots and so cute on Ev.)  Maddy got one last night and I'm glad because Evie is starting to get too tall for her 9-month clothes.

1 comment:

  1. Just seeing her pictures makes me feel better...just think what seeing her in person would do!!!

    ReplyDelete