Saturday, January 14, 2012

It's Snowing!

Sorry I've been MIA for a couple days.
Thursday we went to the Kids Club and the Jipping girls joined us (although Sylvia was completely out the entire time we were there).  After lessons, we went over to the Jippings to sit by their fire and let the girls play.  Evelynd was acting pretty tired, but once we got home, she stayed up for another hour.  I guess she had missed her dogs.
The Lane-Massee family gave Evelynd this beautiful knitted sweater that someone at the Senior Center had knitted.  So soft and pretty.
She loves to eat Parmesan cheese.
On Friday I had a music teachers meeting and Evelynd was pretty giggly through it.  She got lots of comments like, "I just love that baby."  When she was napping, her pediatrician called me to talk about our ER visit.  He said that we need to avoid all nuts until she's at least two, but no other testing is needed unless we notice some other reactions.  He said we may want to retest her when she's two to see if she's outgrown her nut allergy.  I hope so.  When she was first born until about six months, she would react to dog saliva, but not anymore.  So, it's possible.  We had Steve Marlowe over for dinner and Evelynd enjoyed playing with her daddy/showing off for the single guy.

Unfortunately, last night I was awake from 12:45 p.m. until 4:30 a.m.  The first awakening was for Samson.  So was the second.  The third one was Evelynd, who went back to sleep quickly.  Then, it was Daisy.  Then Sam.  Then Daisy again.  I guess the dogs ate something that didn't digest very well.  I was so tired this morning.  Thankfully, it was a Saturday and Dassow Daddy got up with Evelynd to let me sleep a little more.  We spent the day running errands and took Dassow Daddy to NW Kids Club for about an hour so he could see it for himself.  My baby, who doesn't sleep, was still awake by 9, so I set her in her crib.  She was rolling around and talking to herself.  After awhile it was quiet, so I went to check on her.  She had both legs caught in the crib slats.  I carefully moved one leg.  Then I moved the other and Evelynd pulled the blanket off her face and smiled.  Peekaboo!  She was just waiting for me.  So I walked her a little and she finally fell asleep.

But she's missing the snow!
She loves brushing her teeth, but only if she brushes them herself.
Thanks for the cute shirt, Aunt Ami.

1 comment:

  1. I'll have to bring Sylvia's toothbrush tonight- She still HATES brushing her teeth, so maybe Evie will be a good influence:-) Looking forward to seeing y'all today!

    ReplyDelete