Saturday, January 21, 2012

Weekend Update

Yesterday was very busy and I was up until about midnight getting the handouts ready for my master class on Harp in the Impressionist Era today.  So no post.

Evelynd pulled herself up to standing in her crib yesterday.  She's able, but not that interested in it, so I forced the issue by throwing her giraffe out of her reach and then stepping back so she couldn't grab my hand.  She then used the crib to get herself to stand.  Looks like Dassow Daddy and Mommy need to lower the crib now.



Totally blurry, but the smile's worth posting anyway.

I think I'm starting to get the hang of this meal planning thing.  When there was no baby in the picture, I didn't think that much about what I was eating.  (Peter is always thinking about food, however, and is asking about dinner as soon as he puts down his lunch fork.)  Since Evelynd, I've been much more conscious of things and, with the help of Annabelle and her book, have gotten better meals going for us.  For example, yesterday's breakfast:  rice cereal with an apple, banana, apricot pear puree.  (My meal was similar.)  Lunch was egg, cheese, and tuna quesadillas with carrot sticks and dried mangoes.  For dinner, we had a vegetable orzo with apricot oat cookies for dessert.  It was all good (except the tuna, which I still cannot stomach since pregnancy) and hit all the food groups.  Pretty proud of myself.
Evelynd liked picking the peas out and eating them the most.


The cookies blend in with the counter tops.
Today started with a lot of being a harp teacher.  I taught, held the master class, and helped Micaela record a piece for a concerto competition.  When I returned home, Evelynd and I went out to meet the Jipping girls at the NW Kids Club.  She still loves it there.  Then Melanie got some Mexican from La Hacienda Real (their homemade tortillas are delicious!) and brought it back to our house.  We ate and played and after Evelynd went to bed, we read lots of stories.  Then we told lots of stories.  It was a fun and busy day.


 Sylvia and Evelynd had matching pj's unbeknownst to their mothers.

 Sylvia enjoyed the swing (especially the "Home on the Range" song setting).
 So tired, but always asking for another story.

2 comments:

  1. So fun! Thalia still wants to have a sleep-over with y'all. Sylvia did not sleep well Saturday night, so I guess the pre-bed muffin didn't work. But, she did sleep well last night- hooray for 5+ hours in a row! I LOVE the bottom photo of Evie in her red striped dress. She is too cute. Hope your week is going well...

    ReplyDelete