Monday, January 30, 2012

January 2011

Last January was full of baby preparation.  This January was filled with actual baby.
On January 19, I had my first of three baby showers.  Dianne Lathen, Kacky Hayes, and Angie Harker hosted.  It included family and family friends.  I got so many great gifts including our crib, monitors, and Evelynd's jacuzzi tub.  It was a fun night.

January 29 was my second baby shower.  This one was hosted by Melanie Jipping and was for friends.  I got a lot of great homemade gifts like Evie's mobile, bird plate and onesie, and an adorable diaper changing clutch.  We played fun games and had a huge spread of delicious goodies.  I had really looked forward to the showers and can't say how much I appreciated everyone for planning, hosting, and attending.

The other big thing last January was child birth classes at Salem Hospital.  We spent one LONG weekend in classes.  We sat next to a couple from Sweden who had been trying to have a baby for 13 years and finally were going to become parents.  On other side was a couple who work at Cafe 22 and told us about their delicious milkshakes, which we got to try in May for free!  The birth classes completely freaked me out and made me want to skip everything and just get a one-year-old.  I'm glad that didn't happen, though.  Now, just FYI, two things they didn't tell me:
1. Labor pains can cause your body to shake uncontrollably.  I didn't know about this and seriously thought I was going to die.
2. You will bleed copiously for weeks afterwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment