Wednesday, March 21, 2012

12-Month Check

Instead of library story time today, it was a trip to the doctor -- in the snow!  Again!

What a bummer, though.  Story time is Evelynd's favorite part of the week.  Instead she got four shots, including her MMR and chicken pox, which both contain semi-live viruses.  I hope she doesn't feel too badly for too long.

Here are her official stats:
Height: 29 3/4" (75th percentile)
Weight: 22 lbs. 8.6 oz. (70th percentile)
Head Circumference: 47 1/2 cm (95th percentile)

She's still pretty proportional with a large head.  (We often have a hard time getting clothes over her head.  Such big brains she has.)

Now, I have a question.  Lately, I have been told by many people (some even complete strangers) about how they were surprised to find out that Evelynd is my first child.  They say that I'm so relaxed and she's so free to explore that they are really impressed.  However, my doctor today told me to turn the car seat back around because, while it is legal to have her forward-facing now, it is safer to keep her rear-facing until she's two.  I am inclined to keep her forward-facing.  She is so much happier that way and it's BORING for her to stare at the seat.  What do you think?  Am I been too carefree here?  Should I listen to the doctor?  I won't be offended, but I am truly interested in what people think.

4 comments:

  1. We turned Fox facing forward the day after he turned 1 and he was so much happier. Our doctor has never said anything about it. I'm sure it is probably safer to have them facing the back, but.... I'm not very much help!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am compelled to attempt to comment and see if it FINALLY works :) So. We turned Aaron around at 1 and that was the rule just 3 years ago. Now they have changed it. I remember being SO happy to turn him around, and he loved it. Audrey is still facing backwards, but she does have her brother to look at, so she is much more entertained in the car than he was. I would say, drive really carefully and do what you want! Only 3 years ago they would have said turn her around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh! It worked!!!! I can't believe it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. According to the recommendation, I shouldn't have turned Sylvia until her birthday next month. It seems once you've turned them, it's pretty hard to go back. Did Evie do better with her shots this time (other than waking up the night after)?

    ReplyDelete