Monday, March 12, 2012

Oops!

The concert yesterday went well.  One of the review that was emailed to the orchestra was: 5 year-old: "It was great! My favorite animal was the harp."  (There was an "instrument petting zoo" at the end.)


I had Strings Festival today and Evelynd was pretty good.  She had a meltdown during one of my adjudicator introductions, but everyone was very nice about it.  Then, she had Micaela and Diana Pierce babysit her for about 30 minutes while I went to rehearsal and before Dassow Daddy came home.  Then, the oops.


I have to back the car up the driveway to unload the harp.  It was dark and very wet tonight.  So, I hit the garage door.  I was looking at the side (it's a pretty narrow driveway) instead of behind me.  We have nice neighbors who heard the bang, saw the front door and car doors open, and came to check on us.  Luckily, the door seems okay.  I knocked the screws out, but it's operational and I think we just have to rescrew it.  Thank goodness I didn't cause more damage.

1 comment: