Saturday, April 7, 2012

Easter Eve

Saturday was a beautiful day.  It was as if Spring had finally come to the Northwest (while the rest of the country had already been enjoying summer).  I had to teach in the morning and Peter had to run some errands, but the afternoon was family time.  Evelynd put on her Easter sweater Kacky Hayes' mom had knitted and headed to Scio for an Easter egg hunt at a rescue for abused and neglected farm animals.
The eggs were filled with treats for the animals.  I thought this would be perfect since Evelynd is not all that excited about sweets and is very excited about animals.  So we drove out to Scio only to find that the Easter egg hunt is tomorrow!  Ugh!  I goofed.  Oh well.  We could find something else to do.  It didn't take very long until we spotted a covered bridge ahead and decided to stop for that.


There was a cute gift shop nearby that had dogs, chickens, and cows on the property, too, so Evelynd enjoyed that (although the chickens made her cry).  We had frozen yogurt on the way home and then stopped at the park for a little bit.

After Evelynd went to bed, Peter and I watched "War Horse."  It was so stressful, I felt sick the whole time.  At least I got my grading done and enjoyed some peach cobbler.  All in all, a pretty good day.

P.S. A very happy birthday to Lindy's Uncle Jay!

No comments:

Post a Comment