Thursday, April 5, 2012

Vs.

My brothers and I drive our parents nuts with all the comparing we do.  Who's smarter, who's better looking, and, of course, who the favorite children are.  For Christmas 2010, my mother gave us all the baby books she had made.  So, what do you think happened?  Jay immediately grabbed mine and compared everything -- who walked first, who talked first, etc., etc.  (For the record, I'm the smartest, the best looking, the favorite, and I did everything first.)

So, now that Evelynd is one, it's time to start comparing:
Me v. Evelynd:
  • Laughs out loud:
Me: 3 months, 1 week; Evelynd: 2 months, 2 weeks
  • Rolls Over:
Me: 4 months; Evelynd: 4 months
  • Smiles Spontaneously:
Me: 27 days; Evelynd: 12 days
  • Walks with Support:
Me: 10 months; Evelynd: 8 months
  • First word:
Me: unknown, but had seven words by 1 year; Evelynd: 8 months and she had about a dozen words by 1.

In sum, Evelynd wins.

1 comment: