Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Girly Girl

Video of Evelynd playing and cooing
Today is Evelynd's 6-week birthday.  We started the day by going to piano festival while Dassow Daddy got a haircut.  Lookin' good.



Then, I had a dilemma.  I wanted to dress Evelynd in something cute and girly for her birthday.  We have a lot of cute onesies, which are comfortable and practical, but you need to understand something about me.  I have four younger brothers.  My house was full of trucks, forts, sporting equipment, and boy clothes.  Every time my mom was pregnant I would pray for a sister.  With my youngest brother, Nick, we thought he was a girl.  We had pink at the baby shower and the crib was going into my room.  And then he came out and, whaddya know?  He was a boy.  My mother's father said that four of a kind beats a full house in poker, so Nick being a boy made our family a winning hand.  I guess it was, but I didn't know I'd have to wait decades to get a girl.  So today I went to Gymboree and Nordstrom and bought a bunch of girly dresses and hair clips.  (God not only gave me a girl, but a girl with lots of hair!)  Look forward to many pictures with girly dresses.


Was Mommy's story that interesting?

I love this onesie Gail stitched for Ev, but today we needed to make her a little girlier, so....

It's a girl!


You can see the dimple in her right cheek in this picture.




Today I had my six week followup with my doctor.  I'm pretty much healed and ALMOST back to my pre-pregnancy weight.

This evening, we got a visit from Fred and Stephanie Thompson.  They have two sons, so Stephanie showed up with a bunch of girly clothes for Evelynd, too.  Including a tutu!  Thank you, Stephanie.  You know what I like.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, you know Fred Thompson? Ask him if he's gonna run in 2012.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the post. Gymboree has the best clothes for little girls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I do know Fred Thompson and I don't know if he'll run again. Chris, it took me a minute to realize you were talking about the presidential candidate. I was really surprised you had followed the race in Oregon's 5th, but this Fred Thompson ran for Congress in our district and he might run again. Dunno.

    ReplyDelete