Wednesday, May 4, 2011

7

Evelynd is seven weeks old today.  She woke up at about 9 in a great mood.  After she ate her lunch, she was talking and laughing at everything she had to say.  I kept asking her to tell me another joke.  Then she'd make a new noise and get a huge smile on her face.  She's been talking a lot lately.  The other fun thing is that her super-high coloratura-like cry is back.  She used to cry so high when she was first born; it was hilarious.  Then it disappeared, but in the past couple days it has reemerged.  I love it and hope we can get a video of it someday.  She slept all afternoon while I taught.  We had Christopher Wicks visit tonight (he composed a harp solo for Ev entitled "Fanfare for Evelynd Dassow" when she was just two days old).  Here's the new picture Peter took of Evie compared to her bunny:
Since Evelynd was awake for almost 12 hours straight yesterday, this is how she spent most of today.


Good night my sweet 7-week-old.

P.S. It's 2am at Fenway Park and the Red Sox and Angels are still playing thanks to a rain delay.  We'll have to get the update tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Sylvia always slept (still does sometimes) with her head way back like that- I wonder why they do that? Anyway, do try to get a video of her high-pitched cry. Sylvia used to do this banshee scream, and I wish we had gotten it on video because now I miss it!

    ReplyDelete