Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Evelynd's First Babysitter

18 days to Christmas!

(Besides the hour Dassow Daddy and I went out on our anniversary when Evie was six days old and stayed with Nana Evans.) Today was Evie's first babysitter.

I had a rehearsal with Willamette's women's choir and needed someone to watch Ev for about two hours.  Leta Edwards was nice enough to volunteer.  Luckily for her, I got Evelynd to go down for her nap right before I had to go and then I finished my rehearsal early, so Evelynd slept the entire time.  Good gig for Leta.

The rest of my day was frustrating.  Four of my lessons no-showed or cancelled at the last minute.  Thus, I spent most of my day waiting.  Thankfully, Jana Shike had a great lesson and had learned more than she had been assigned.  Also, my harp ensemble had wanted me to setup some performances.  Before I did that, I asked for all the dates that were good and had the harpists reserve them on their calendars.  Now, with a performance scheduled for Saturday, people are dropping like flies.  Am I supposed to cover it all myself?  Maybe.  I hope that more people end up showing up, though.

Side note: Camera's back tomorrow.

P.S. A very happy birthday to Evie's Grandpa!

No comments:

Post a Comment