Saturday, December 10, 2011

Evelynd's Stocking

15 days to Christmas!

I started today with a concert at an Alzheimer's facility with three of my harp students.  It was a nice concert and an appreciative audience.  The only bummer was I asked for requests and they picked all the hard songs!  I had to sightread a bunch of pieces that had tons of pedal changes.  It went pretty well overall, though.
Micaela and Carolyn warming up
My harp and Mary warming up.  (Later, Mary played "Silent Night" -- her first solo public performance ever!)
When I got home, Ev was sleeping and she slept a long time.  She's been much more sleepy lately, so I wouldn't be surprised if she's going through a growth spurt.  After I taught some lessons, we went Christmas shopping and got Chinese takeout for dinner.  Evie was tired and went to bed not long after we went home.  I hope she sleeps well.



Now, as for the title of this blog post.  I ordered Evelynd's stocking and it showed up yesterday.  I got one with her name embroidered on it and with birds (see the post on How Evelynd Got Her Name).  It's cute, but it's HUGE!  Someone will need a lot of presents to fill it.
I picked a "Joy" stocking holder because that word best sums up Evelynd's personality and how we feel being her parents.

This picture gives you an idea of how big it is when compared to Dassow Mommy and Daddy's stockings.


2 comments:

  1. I love your stockings!

    Email me Evelynd's stats and I'd love to make you a print for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete