Sunday, December 25, 2011

Merry Christmas, Baby Girl!

Merry Christmas!

We woke up early (of course -- have I mentioned that my baby doesn't sleep???) and played with Fox until Uncle Jay and Uncle Nick finally rolled out of bed.

I guess only Uncle Jay and Evelynd had been good this year because Santa only brought presents to them.  Evelynd got Kanani -- the American Girl doll of the year for 2011.  She was a little confused as to why there was a girl stuck in a box.


Opening (and tasting) her stocking stuffers

Fox opening the magnadoodle we got him
The present I requested from Aunt Paige.  I think it's going above Evelynd's bookshelf in her room.

After presents, we had the traditional Christmas breakfast of hot chocolate, cinnamon rolls, and egg casserolle.  It was delicious.  Then we went to church where Uncle Nick gave his farewell talk and we had a long Christmas program.  I spent most of the time walking Evelynd up and down the hallway and Fox fell asleep.




Uncle Nick will be gone for two years to serve a mission in Leon, Mexico.  He probably won't even recognize Ev when he gets back.

After church, some visitors came over, we ate dinner (Chris and Grandpa taught me how to make twice baked potatoes) and then played dominoes.  It was a good first Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment