Sunday, December 18, 2011

Final Christmas Concert

7 days to Christmas!

Last year my students' harp ensemble played a Christmas concert at a retirement community that is part of the city housing authority.  It was the best concert I had ever played.  People had made delicious desserts and passed around a collection to thank us for coming (it totaled $25).  When we left, we were hugged and told, "We really needed this here."  People even cried.  I'd never had such an appreciative audience.  It was amazing.

So this year we went back.  We played a new piece that the $25 had purchased and they remembered us.  They remembered that I was going to have a baby and thought I would name her Evelynd (which I did, as you might know).  A young girl was there and led the audience in singing "Jingle Bells" (she reminded them that it started with "Dashing Through the Snow").  It was a wonderful concert again.  I love my job.

Amanda and Mary warming up
Carolyn and Micaela before the concert.

Evelynd stayed home with Dassow Daddy since she was still napping when I had to leave.  Then, she stayed up until 9:45 p.m.  Augh!  We need to get back to our 8 p.m. bedtime.  At least she was happy.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment