Sunday, June 3, 2012

A Graduation and an Anniversary

We had two big celebrations today.  We started by surprising GG'ma and GG'pa with a visit on their 65th anniversary.  65 years!  GG'ma said that this had been a hard year (for various reasons), but that the other 64 had been easy.  I think 64 easy, happy years of marriage is a good trade for one hard year.  I hope they celebrate many more.  Great Uncle Jon was there, too, and treated everyone to Red Lobster so Evelynd got her first taste of popcorn shrimp and fish and chips.  After lunch, she was feeling so confident in her walking that she tried running.  Luckily, their house is carpeted so all her falls didn't hurt too much.

After the lovebirds, we stopped by the Millane's house briefly and dropped off their Christmas presents (yes, I'm nearly six months late).  I miss seeing that family every week, but know it's better for us Dassows.

Our final stop of the day was Jessica Murrell's high school graduation party.  Jessica is one of the sweetest people you will ever meet and was my piano student for about eight years.  She'll be going to Portland State so we'll still get to see her.  Evelynd just wanted to see their cat, though.
Evelynd broke my glasses, so I have to wear my backup pair.

Since Ev woke up early this morning (natch), and she only got about 30 minutes of naps, she went to bed at 7.  I better follow her or it'll only be four hours of sleep for me again.  Nighty night.

No comments:

Post a Comment