Friday, June 15, 2012

Pregnant with Evelynd

Since I didn't start this blog until after Evelynd was born, I never wrote about my pregnancy with her.  Nor did we take many pictures back then in our DINK days.

We first found out I was pregnant (after our first month of trying) a few days before my 33rd birthday.  I had some soreness and was tired.  Once I was almost a week late, Peter went to get a test and it was positive.  He looked before the three minutes were up and asked, "What do two pink lines mean?"

We asked for some OB recommendations and decided on Dr. West.  His office had me come in to confirm my pregnancy that same day that we called them and gave me some literature to read and prenatal vitamins.  At week six, I felt nauseated constantly.  I was always hungry and nothing sounded good -- I had anti-cravings.  Seafood was especially bad.  Just the smell would make me queasy.

I had to go maternity clothes shopping at 8 weeks.  Lots of people, in fact, thought I might be having twins because of how quickly I showed.

We went to L.A. in August for the Evans family reunion.  It was super hot, but luckily Paige was pregnant too so we could be party poopers together.  I threw up for the first time after froyo.  That continued from week 10 - week 20 almost daily -- especially after brushing my teeth.

In October, we found out that we were having a girl and I was thrilled!  I had really wanted a sister, but God made me wait for a daughter.  We then started our registry at BabiesRUs, which was the first time I felt completely overwhelmed and like I had pregnancy brain.

We moved after Thanksgiving.  It was good timing for me because I just got to direct traffic instead of having to do the heavy lifting.  Then, we started setting up the nursery.

We drove to Colorado for Christmas, which was alright, but Samson always liked to sit on my lap in the car and there wasn't much lap to sit on.

Come January, heartburn was constant.  The other problem was the pain in my hips from the loosening of the ligaments.  The good stuff also started then.  Kacky Hayes, Dianne :Lathen, and Angie Harker threw me a baby shower for family and family friends.  Then, Melanie Jipping threw me a shower for my friends.  I had a shower thrown by my students (Sue Wise and Pam Noland hosted) in February, too.  So fun and so nice of everyone.

All in all, it was a very smooth pregnancy.  I gained about 30 pounds and have very little to complain about.  In fact, I worked on the day Evelynd was born.  I taught a lesson at noon and then cancelled the rest of my afternoon due to some small contractions.  I graded papers for the law school the rest of the day, including as we were checking in at the hospital, which made the nurses laugh.  The best part was how quick the labor was (really only about five hours), but I wish I had been able to get an epidural because I truly thought I would not survive.  I was even talking to Peter about moving so he could get help with Evelynd.

So, there's a brief synopsis.  And here's little miss at the park today.

    She really liked her new ice cream shirt from Nana Evans.

No comments:

Post a Comment