Friday, June 29, 2012

Single Motherhood Day #3

Most of the morning, unfortunately, went like this:
She smiled briefly when I showed her what the towel had done to her hair, but I didn't get the camera out fast enough to catch that.  I don't know what exactly was going on, but I think it must be related to teeth because she felt a little better after some teething tablets.

Dianne Lathen left us a sweet surprise today.  She said that she sat up in the middle of the night thinking about us and then she remembered that Dassow Daddy was gone, so she went to Great Harvest to get us a treat.  That was so thoughtful of her!  (And delicious for me!)

We went to the Carousel in the afternoon and went out to dinner at Konditerei.

We played with the neighbors, read books, and now baby girl is sleeping.

UPDATE: Just got a surprise call from Dassow Daddy.  He sounds like he's having a tough time, so keep him in your prayers.  I know he can do it, but any thoughts and prayers are appreciated.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry for the rough day! How long is Peter going to be gone? I can't imagine being alone with a 1 year old and being pregnant in the 1st trimester. Hope you get lots of help and we're keeping Peter in our thoughts and prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Baby- Poor Evelynd too! I hope she's feeling better soon. I'm sorry you missed Peter's call on Saturday- what a bummer. Hopefully Evelynd will feel better tomorrow, but if not, no worries. The star of the parade should recuperate. Anyway, I will pick up Akari at 10:30 and will be home shortly thereafter. Just call if you need to cancel.

    ReplyDelete