Friday, July 22, 2011

Evelynd's Four Month Checkup and More Birthday Traditions

Height: 25 1/4" (80th Percentile)
Weight: 15 lbs. 9.5 oz. (80th Percentile)
Head Circumference: 42 3/4 cm (90th Percentile)

She is a healthy, growing girl and everything seems normal with her development.  What more could we ask for?
The bad part was the immunizations again.  Last time she got her shots was the first time she cried tears.  This time was the first time there were tears streaming down her face.  Also, today was the first day she had Tylenol. 

Poor baby.

Before the shots (although she did cry as soon as we set her on the examination table; it seemed like she remembered that this was not a good place):
After the shots:

 
We went to Borders after the doctor and she was happy then, but starting around 5:30 tonight she cried more than ever, so that's when she got the Tylenol.  She went to bed at about 8:30 and I hope she'll feel better in the morning.

Dassow Dinners was a Berry Peach Smoothie and Country Chicken Sandwiches with a Maple Mustard Sauce:



I like to stretch out my birthday celebrations for the entire month, so here are some additional birthday thoughts.

My mother's mother (Nana) was a ballet and aerobics instructor when I was growing up.  Over my birthdays, she would always be at a dance camp in Walla Walla, Washington, so every June she decided to have me come to her house for a weekend with a friend to celebrate my birthday.  One year we stayed up late watching "GiGi."  Around 5 a.m., Nana was waking me up to exercise.  I dragged myself out of bed and went on a grueling uphill hike through her neighborhood.  When we finally reached a school, she announced, "We're here."  Thank goodness!  I was exhausted.  Amazingly, she meant at the place where we were going to exercise.  As she went around the track, I laid on the grass and took a nap.  I was amazed at how much energy she had!

My father had a tradition with all of us kids.  Every birthday he would take us out to breakfast.  I loved having that special alone time with my daddy.  I loved choosing the restaurant we were going to.  And I loved the waffles I would usually get since we almost never had them at home.  I hope that Dassow Daddy will continue this tradition with Dassow Kiddies.

P.S. Red Sox beat the poor, struggling M's.  How many in a row have they lost?  Too many now.



3 comments:

  1. Sweet birthday stories Bethany:-) Evelynd is so cute, and it's nice that she finally can wear some of her lovely summery frocks. With the last set of immunizations for Sylvia she had a big bruise on her leg for a month(!). We're getting "Deathly Hallows Part 1" hopefully tomorrow in the mail... Do you want to see part 2 with us?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, we would love to see part 2 with you, but only if it's in 2D. You can always borrow part 1 from us and save some $, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha- you'll have to discuss the 2D with Kuno. Or you could just show up late enough so that all the 3D tickets are sold out and then your dream would come true- only 2D with the Jippings. Anyway, glad to hear that you will be going to see your folks and will finally get a break. Maybe you and Peter will get a night out too with Gma and Gpa there to watch Evie;-)

    ReplyDelete