Sunday, July 24, 2011

It's Been a Hard Day and Night (Plus Another Birthday Tradition)

We spent yesterday visiting GG'ma and GG'pa and my Uncles Denny and Jon and Aunt Julie.  It was good to see them all, but Evelynd was not in top form.  She seemed to have a much harder time with this round of shots and we're pretty sure she's teething.  So she was pretty fussy and when we got home it took about 2 1/2 hours to finally get her to sleep (she would be close, we'd put her down, she'd scream).  Poor baby.  She felt better when we held her outside and when we gave her a cold teething ring.  Once she went to bed she slept for six hours, woke up to feed, then slept another four hours.  She's back to our usual happy baby today.

Also, I put in her in crib to sleep tonight for the first time.  We'll see how that goes.
Dassow Dinners was Linguine alla Carbonara.  I've made Spaghetti all Carbonara before, but I think linguine is better and I added fresh spinach and Greek yogurt so it was creamier and we got our vegetables in.  It was yummy and we have lots of leftovers.

We went to Babies R Us, saw this, and were surprised Uncle Jay or Uncle Nick hadn't gotten this for Evie.






It's been pretty hot, so Evelynd got to wear some cute summer clothes.








Every year for my birthday, my grandparents gave us a dollar for every year old we turned.  I remember talking with my brothers and thinking how we couldn't wait until we were 20.  $20 was a fortune back then.  (FYI: There is a cap on the amount you get -- I may have already topped out.)  My Aunt Julie reminded me of how my brother Chris got five $1 bills on his 5th birthday.  He went through them each one by one and set aside the wrinkled one.  Ah.  The Notorious OCD started so early.

P.S. Red Sox won yesterday and today.  They're now leading the AL East by 3 games.

No comments:

Post a Comment