Sunday, October 9, 2011

Dassow Divertissements

Here are some funny stories from our week that we want to remember:
1. On Tuesday, Evelynd stood up on one leg with the other leg in her hand like so:

2. On Thursday, I was teaching behind Evelynd.  She craned her head back, looked at me, and said, "Mama."  I can't wait until that becomes a regular, purposeful thing.
3. On Friday, Peter attacked her cheek in play.  She then did it right back.
4. This week, she has started knocking on doors as we arrive at a house.
5. On Tuesday night, Evelynd was going crazy at the Garcia's house playing her "belly banjo" and dancing around.  If Maddy ever sends me the video she took, I'll post it.  It had us all in hysterics.
6. Today, she developed the perfect trumpet embouchure and was able to buzz her lips just in time to start some lessons on brass instruments.
7. All week, Evie has been practicing her singing.  When she hears me sing, her cookie jar, my students play, or any other music, she'll start singing along.  I hope to get a video of it soon because she has such a sweet little voice.

Here are some pictures of her today in another cute Jipping hand-me-down.
She's still got a potbelly, but it seems to be getting smaller.



New food has included potatoes, corn, and pumpkin.  She eats it as long as she gets rewarded with a cheerio between bites.

2 comments: