Monday, July 16, 2012

Happy 16 Month Birthday, Baby Girl!

It's her golden month birthday: she's 16 months on the 16th.  And what a surprising day it was.

I put some blueberries on her breakfast tray and she clapped her hands and said, "Hooray!"

Then, we were playing outside as we waited for my students to arrive.  Suddenly, a rat walked across our driveway -- right in front of Daisy!  That is one brave rat.  And I am one disgusted homeowner.  I hope there aren't any more where that came from.

During Evie's nap, I got a call from Peter!  He had passed his PT, so he got a five-minute phone call.  It was good to hear from him, but went to fast.  When Evelynd woke up, I said, "Guess who called while you were sleeping?"  She said, "Dada!"  I said, "Yes."  So the rest of the day when she saw the phone, she would say, "Dada."  I would hand her the phone and she's say, "Hi Dada."  And then keep talking.

When I went to get her after her nap, her diaper was over the side of the crib and she had left a little mess for me.  She thought it was funny until she realized her favorite "B" (blanket) had to go in the wash.

After lessons, Evelynd and I had to run around looking for a new range for the apartment, and we stopped at Dairy Queen for a treat.  We got behind a car that was having a very hard time navigating the parking lot (it looked like a very senior driver), so I stayed well back.  Eventually, they found the exit and were about to turn onto the street when they started backing up -- and did not stop!  They backed right into me and drove off.  Luckily, there was no damage, but it scared Ev.

So, what's new?  She's quite a climber and talker.  Her latest words include "Peek-boo" and "Sit."  She loves music, singing, playing with other kids, dancing, and being an entertainer.  A couple weeks ago she quit saying "blanket" and now just calls it "B."  She loves to pick out her shoes and hair clips, so I try to find a matching and weather-appropriate outfit that works.  Every time we go out, I get stopped a ton of times by people telling me, "She's so beautiful!  She's so happy and fun!"  Yes, she is.

 Singing "Happy Birthday."
 Dancing on her lion.
Doing the "Itsy Bitsy Spider" on our water spout.

1 comment:

  1. Happy 16 months! She really is the cutest. I can't wait for her and Fox to play in August! Congrats to Peter for passing his PT!

    ReplyDelete