Friday, July 20, 2012

Single Motherhood Day #24 (Ultrasound)

I had a doctor appointment and so Hailey babysat Evelynd again.  Everything was good -- labs, bloodwork, heartbeat.  And the fact that there was only one baby!  (I don't know how moms of multiples do it.)
The measurements put my due date at Feb. 22, but the doctor decided to keep it at Feb. 17.  Evelynd had also measured slightly small, but we kept the March 18 due date and she was two days early, so I hope a similar trend continues and that I'm at least not late.  I'll have to mail the ultrasound to Dassow Daddy so he can see baby's first pictures.

When I returned home, Evelynd was playing with Hailey and a total mess from her markers (thank goodness I bought washable ones).
We stopped at the Kids Club after dropping off Hailey because Evelynd saw that we were driving by it and said, "Stop."  So we did.  Later in the day, we went downtown to spend our Gymbucks and buy Dassow Mommy some new perfume (thanks to Nana and Papa Dassow's birthday gift).  While we were out, we stopped by one of the Play Me, I'm Yours pianos.  They are pianos that have been decorated and left all over the city (in parks, on bridges, downtown) for people to walk by and play.  A man in London started it and Salem is the first city in North America to partner with him.  It's pretty fun.

The bad news is that Little Miss seems to have come down with a cold again.  I hope it's mild and quick -- poor baby.  She's very good about letting me wipe her nose, though.

The other bad news is that there was a shooting at a movie theater just 20 minutes from my parents' home.  At this point, twelve people are dead and 58 others injured.  It's a terrible thing and we will be praying for the families that have suffered from this.

1 comment:

  1. So glad baby #2 is doing so well! I'm excited to find out the gender. Those pianos are neat, I bet kids love them.

    ReplyDelete