Thursday, July 19, 2012

Single Motherhood Day #23 (Daisy)

We had lessons and some Kids Club time in the morning.  The afternoon was spent at the vet to get Daisy's checkup, shots, dewormer, and anti-anxiety meds.  She has been very difficult ever since Samson died.  Daisy used to be a great listener.  Now she ignores me all the time.  She barks all the time.  She started eating everything (wood, rocks, wax, plastic, poop) and she never did that before.  With my lack of sleep and mile-high pile of things to do, I have had less and less patience for Daisy.  She has the most incredible way of being underfoot at all times.  I need to watch the way I react to her though, because I've seen Evelynd copy some of my less desirable behaviors.

Thankfully, Daisy was great at the vet and it was a nice reminder that she is a good dog, but just going through a hard time without her brother and figuring out her new role in the house.  She's very good with Evelynd and when Daisy is not in the mood for a baby, she puts herself in her crate.  I need to pick up her anti-anxiety meds at the pharmacy to try them out and see if they help her.  I miss Sam, too, so I know a little of what she's going through.
Daisy's biggest fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment