Saturday, July 21, 2012

Single Motherhood Day #25 (Happy Birthday to Me)

Yes, today was my birthday and Evelynd woke me up nice and early.  Within 90 minutes, she had gotten poop, pee, snot, and vomit on me.  It was not a good omen for the day.  At least she seemed much better after vomiting, although her cold is still around.  I let her have some fun in the morning with chalk, bubbles and throwing Cherrios around.  Then she napped -- for over two hours!
In the afternoon, Maddy and Ally came down (with flowers and a gift) to go to the Art Fair with us.  The Art Fair is one of my favorite times of year and it almost always comes on my birthday.  Evelynd was not feeling well, so she made me carry her almost the entire time, but she did like playing with the water sculptures.
After Maddy and Ally left, Kendell Prestwich and Dianne Lathen stopped by with birthday surprises, which was very sweet.  The evening was spent with the Jippings.  Melanie made a delicious dinner of chicken parmigiana, beans, and pasta, and had a cake and candles for me.  Thank you so much for making my birthday special!

1 comment:

  1. Happy day-after-birthday!! You have lots of people who care about you and make you feel special :)

    ReplyDelete