Monday, July 23, 2012

Single Motherhood Day #27

People keep asking me how much longer until Peter gets back.  When I tell them we're not even halfway there, they are always surprised.  Yes, this is starting to seem like a VERY long time.  I don't think it would be so bad if we could talk regularly, but I've only gotten to speak with him for about seven minutes total.  At least he's good about writing letters.

Evelynd woke up at 4 a.m. today, happy and full of kisses.  I tried to get her back to sleep and by 5:30 put her back in her crib even though she was very awake.  She cried for less than a minute and then was quiet.  I don't know if she was playing or sleeping, but she let me get a couple more hours.

We went to the dog park in the morning.  We played the piano there, but mostly followed all the dogs around.

Running toward the dogs.

After teaching and playing with the neighbors, we took Leta out for birthday ice cream.  She needed something at Petco and Evelynd could have stayed there for hours.  The toys, balloons, and animals were so entertaining, it may have to be a new play stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment