Sunday, July 8, 2012

Single Motherhood Day #12

Wow!  What an awful night!  Evelynd slept three hours, then woke up screaming.  Because I noticed that tooth #12 was breaking through, I gave her some Tylenol, nursed her, rocked her, walked her, and she was still screaming.  So, I put her in her crib in to let her cry so I could at least lay down.  Forty five minutes later she was asleep.  Ninety minutes later, she was up again.  I tried nursing, rocking, walking -- all to no avail.  I let her cry it out in her crib again and this time it only took 15 minutes.  Hopefully, now that tooth #12 is out, she'll sleep better.  I'm exhausted and have my first cold in ages!

The highlight of today was going on our evening walk.  The girls around the corner had their pool out and Evelynd got to splash around in it -- in her cute new dress!  I ended up babysitting the girls for a little bit while their mom ran out, but that was fine because Evelynd loves playing with them.  Here's to a better night's sleep!


P.S. A very happy birthday to Evelynd's Aunt Judy!

No comments:

Post a Comment