Saturday, July 14, 2012

Single Motherhood Day #18 (Marion County Fair)

We got up early (of course) and got ready before killing time until we could go to the fair.  We walked over to our neighbors' to check on their cat we're feeding while they're gone and then went to pick up Leta for the Marion County Fair.  Although I was born and raised here, I think this is my first trip to the fair.  I guess because the State Fair is here, we always skipped the county one, but it was fun: a less crowded, smaller state fair.
 Good thing I didn't know about this or the other babies would have had no chance!  (Except for the baldest baby category.)
Evelynd enjoyed watching the clown juggle, but fell asleep right after it.

I didn't get many pictures because my spider monkey wouldn't get down.  She needed me to pet the animals in the petting zoo as she held on and I had to run her to pop all the bubbles at the Gilbert House display.  Oh well.  It was fun.

When we got home, she woke up so we did one of her favorite activities: trying on hats and different hairdos and then admiring herself in the mirror.
Later, I had a haircut, so the Jippings were nice enough to take care of Evelynd.  She got to splash in their pool, play in their new playhouse, and eat burgers until I got back.  Thanks, Jippings, for taking care of my tired baby (yes, she fell asleep on the car ride home).

1 comment:

  1. What a great photo! I love it when they discover their reflection and can't get enough of it:)

    ReplyDelete