Sunday, July 1, 2012

Single Motherhood Day #5

Evelynd woke up last night two hours after going to sleep.  She was screaming.  I tried nursing her, but she was not interested.  She told me she wanted juice, then she didn't.  She wanted to go outside, then she didn't.  Finally, she started saying, "Blanket," between sobs.  I tried giving her the ladybug or butterfly blanket, but they weren't good enough.  She had had "Big blanket" when she fell asleep, but I slipped it away to put it in the wash.  Luckily, once I figured out the problem (around midnight), the blanket was dry and ready.  She immediately went to sleep.  And so did I.

Unfortunately, she woke up at 4 a.m.  I tried nursing, rocking, massaging.  Nothing.  I put her in the car and drove around.  She enjoyed the music and pointed to parks, cars, friends' houses, etc.  No luck in getting her back to sleep.  So I only got four hours of sleep and had to play for a 30th birthday party tonight in Vancouver, Washington.  We're now home and I'm going to bed.  I love that Future CEO, but she's a killer!

No comments:

Post a Comment