Thursday, July 5, 2012

Single Motherhood Day #9 (First OB Appointment)

Amazingly, Evelynd slept nine hours straight!  We had illegal fireworks going off less than a block away, but she slept!  Hallelujah!  I guess I had the white noise machine at the right volume.

First thing in the morning, Hailey came over to babysit Evelynd while I went to Dr. West's new office.  It's now in Salem Hospital, which is a little farther to drive (only about 1.5 miles instead of .5), but much harder to park and get around.  When they were asking me questions, there were a lot more than with Evelynd due to my "advanced maternal age."  Lovely.  Makes my upcoming birthday even more exciting.  I also got to get about a gallon of blood drawn.  Also lovely.  It was a little sad being there by myself.  I think Dassow Daddy went to all but maybe one of my appointments with Evelynd.  But, you gotta do what you gotta do.  So, my official due date is February 17.

When I got home, Evelynd had had a good time with Hailey and was just about ready for a nap.  After the nap, we tried out a new park (Morningside) and she liked the riding toys.



Then we got some froyo, went to the Kids Club, ate dinner, and played with the neighbors.  Also, she LOVED her hair like this.  She would constantly go look in the mirror and smile and laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment